Roasted garlic and parmesan give a big umami boost to this finishing salt. Sprinkle a little on steamed veggies, popcorn, scrambled eggs, seafood, pasta or roasted potatoes. Finishing salts should be added at the end of cooking time to retain their flavor.
¾ cup kosher salt
1 head roasted garlic
¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Combine salt and roasted garlic in a mixing bowl, mashing the garlic with a fork.
3. Spread salt on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
4. Remove salt and allow it to cool completely.
5. Pour salt into food processor and add parmesan. Pulse a few times until it’s all combined. You don’t want to overdo it here or the salt will become powdery.
6. Store in an airtight container.
Note: Oh, and please use a nice parmesan for this and shred it yourself. There are only three ingredients here so skimping isn't advised.
Hi, I'm Olivia. Welcome to The Sensuist! Here you will find great recipes, creative inspiration and permission to be audacious in the kitchen. Along the way you’ll discover quirky stories about traveling, entertaining, and adventures in the kitchen. The Sensuist is a place to take a deep breath, smile, laugh and savor life’s delicious moments. Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss out on any of the fun
we're having at The Sensuist!
Sign up for E-mail updates